The Interim Head of Projects position at iCoTech is a key role within the organisation reporting directly to the Head of Delivery. As the Interim Head of Projects, you will be part of the iCoTech Senior Leadership Team (SLT). You will coordinate and ensure the successfully delivery of strategic projects across iCoTech. In this role you will be responsible for the overall SDLC with Delivery and own all live projects within the portfolio at iCoTech. You will guide and support the project delivery cross-functional teams from within the business in the execution of projects within an Agile framework. You will manage the PMO function including Project Management and Business Analysis capability. You will also own Architecture within this function. Your team will sit alongside Development and Service Delivery. This is a interim role lasting 3 – 6 months.
The roles and responsibilities of the Head of Projects are outlined below but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the portfolio of all projects across iCoTech.
- Ensuring projects are prioritised and successfully delivered.
- Overseeing resource allocation and highlighting resource challenges/identifying solutions.
- Implementing portfolio management methodology and best practices including building out templates for PID, Risk Registers, and Status Reporting.
- Facilitating and coordinating multidisciplined teams across Delivery.
- Monitoring progress of projects and preparing regular reports for senior stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Management further development of a multi-disciplinary projects team including Project Managers, Business Analysts, PMO and Solution Architects.
- Responsible for the management of budgets and the chargeable of resources within the team. To ensure chargeability and gross profit targets are met monthly.
The successful candidate will have:
- Over 7 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline